BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer of '69 Parody - The Best Songs of My Life

Hello friends! I'm cutting this one close to the end of the week, but life's been hectic. A lot is going on and I've been focusing on reality instead of fantasy lately. I'll explain more in my next post.
I changed the word guitar to piano, because the piano is my favorite instrument. If I had the time and patience, I would love to learn how to play it. Bryan Adams had the same type of wording as my title, but it wasn't his title. I like my use of the wordings better, so the title isn't in the same place. (I know what I'm talking about and that last statement was confusing to me). Anyway, the first two lines were spontaneous and the rest was thought of.

Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg(not too sure about the ending...)





The Best Songs of My Life

I got my first piano
Got it at the guitar store
Now I know what you're thinking
Why was it in that kind of store
I'm not exactly sure
What it was doing there
But there is one thing I do know
I really did not care
Well I just sat down
And played some of my favorite songs
Heart and Soul and Chopsticks
And I played them for oh so long
Those were the best songs of my life
I knew I had to buy it
But it was so expensive
Seven-thousand freaking dollars
But I needed it to live
I know that sounds dramatic
But the piano was very cool
And as an added bonus
Now I couldn't pay to go to school
I played the best songs of my life
Oh yeah! Just playing my piano. Oohh!
I played it for a long time
I learned to play some new songs
I learned to play all mine
I hope all my songs last forever
And never fade! Yeah!
And now the music's changing
All of the songs are getting remixed
Sometimes I will play my classics
Heart and Soul and Chopsticks
Yes the piano cost much
But there's one thing that I need to know
Was it ever worth it
I like to believe it was so
I played the best songs of my life
Oh yeah! Just playing my piano.
Uh-huh. Just playing my piano.
Oh yeah! Me and my awesome piano.
Oohh! Oh!
I was just playing, playing, playing my piano.
Oh yeah.

0 comments: