BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear Prudence Parody - Miharu

What? Two Beatles parodies back to back? I've never done anything like this before! I'm going crazy!!

Last summer, the summer of 2009, a friend of mine went back to his home in Japan for the summer. He asked me if I would stay at his apartment here and look after his cat, Miharu. Miharu (me-huh-roo) is a Japanese word meaning "Beautiful Spring." Miharu was a pretty cool cat. She was a calico which is a pretty rare breed of cat. Males are so rare that you could sell one for $5,000, but Miharu was a female. At first, Miharu was afraid of me (but she was afraid of everyone), and I didn't care for her too much either. I thought she was annoying; always meowing and never being quiet. After a while, Miharu warmed up to me. She started coming to me and letting me pet her. My friend said that I shouldn't let her go outside because he used to, but one time she ran away for three days and came back sick. But that was right before I moved in, so Miharu always cried to go out, and I finally gave in. So she stopped whining so much and I didn't think she was so annoying anymore. About halfway through the summer, Miharu started sleeping with me; all cuddled up in my arm or using my back-knees as a wall. I cannot express how much I loved that cat by the end. It was only for about three and a half months, but I loved that cat. I still do...which is kind of hard.


My friend came back and I told him that let Miharu out and she always came back. So, he decided that it was alright. Well, about a month or two after he came home, Miharu ran away again...but she never came back. Most likely, she is...gone to say it nicely. But I can't bring myself to think that. I like to believe that she is still alive and maybe someone thought she was a stray and took her in. (Yeah, Miharu never had a collar, so...) Amanda and I always like to joke that Miharu ran away from my friend because she missed me and went looking for me. Maybe, just maybe, she will find me one day.


Well, maybe some of you you decided to read the first couple of sentences and decided to skip the rest. It's fine. I like to write in case you never figured that out - I am writhing a blog. But anyway, this parody is for Miharu. A song I wish she could hear and understand. I thought of it one night when I was with Amanda and a friend of hers called her up while we were driving and they started talking. I knew I wasn't going anywhere in a while so I tried to come up with a new parody. There was a Burger King across the street, and the syllables matched up. Sometime during that wreck Miharu popped into my head and it worked out. It was a good idea to have a good-bye song for the cat I loved, I thought.
The first line in every verse except for the last one was spontaneous and so was the bridge.



Original: Dear Prudence by The Beatles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2lMstw6qs

Miharu

Miharu, where have you gone?
Miharu, what about all of our fun?
You ran away. Was it for me?
I'm touched if that is how you feel.
Miharu, where is it you have gone?

Miharu, won't you come back?
Miharu, without you my life lacks
A fun little, feline friend.
Will you live with me again?
Miharu, won't you please come back?

Oh, meow, purr, meow, purr, meow, purr, meow
Oh, meow, purr, meow, purr, meow, purr, meow
Oh, me-ee-ow purr

Miharu, there are tears in my eyes.
Miharu, are you still alive?
I do believe you are out there
Living happily somewhere.
Miharu, there are tears in my eyes.

Miharu, run free my friend.
Miharu, I guess this is the end.
I never got to say good-bye
This song will just have to suffice.
Miharu, run free now my friend.

0 comments: