BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hotel California Parody - Skyline Chili Restaurant

I was trying to fall asleep one night, and I was thinking about other parodies I could write. Apparently this is what I used to think about all the time to go to sleep. But anyway, I was thinking about how kind of long Hotel California is, and how the Eagles are pretty popular, and how Hotel California is one of their most popular songs (and my favorite of them). I can honestly say that I don't remember where Skyline came into my thoughts. Maybe it was because I hadn't had it in so long. I love Skyline. Whatever happened, it randomly came to me and Skyline Chili Restaurant just fit perfectly.

Everything was spontaneous except for the last verse. After I made the last verse and sang it to Amanda, she said that I could use it for a Skyline commercial. The last verse would not make a good commercial, so I made up a separate last verse.........there are two "last" verses. The reason I kept my original is because at the end of Hotel California, it's kind of a scary ending. "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave." I wanted my parody to reflect the scariness, but in a more funny way. Kind of like "I have to work here?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Please let me know which one you like better. Not for a commercial or anything, just for the song.

Original: Hotel California by The Eagles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbTW928sMU

Skyline Chili Restaurant

In a crowded Skyline, where everyone shares
Warm smell of the chili rising up through the air.
The kitchen's out in the open, I can see everything
My tongue got wet and when I sat down,

my stomach started rumbling.

I look at the customers; everyone's satisfied
I will appease my appetite; I will not be denied.
Then a waitress came over, and handed me a menu
Then she took out a pad and pen and said

"How may I help you?"

Welcome to the Skyline Chili Restaurant
Such a lovely place
(Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely taste.
Ready some food at the Skyline Chili Restaurant
Any time of day
(Any time of day)
As long as you pay.

They got napkins and crackers, and they got hot sauce too
I look at the menu; it's backround colored in blue.
With so many options, how will I find my bliss
There are so many choices with tasty images.

So I said to the waitress "Please give me more time"
I wanted to be sure I got the full worth of my dime.
She left and then she came back a little later
Pointed at me with her pen and said "

Are you ready now, sir?"

Welcome to the Skyline Chili Restaurant
Such a lovely place
(Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely taste.
Order some food from the Skyline Chili Restaurant
The taste is so divine.
(It is so divine)
It will blow your mind.

I ordered a large three-way, with habanero cheese
At no extra charge make my-way a sky-way, please.
When she brought me my food, it looked so yummy

Version 1
When I reached for my wallet, I realized I had no money.

Last thing I remember, I was crawling on the floor
I had to get by undetected and right out through the door.
"Don't move" said the waitress, "You're not going anywhere"
"You will have to pay off your meal by working here."

Version 2
And it felt so good sliding down my throat and into my tummy.

Last thing I remember, I was walking out the door
I had searched for this special feeling so many times before.
Tell me why must they close; Oh, why can't they see

The food was so extraordinary, I don't want to ever leave.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

I must say I am a fan of the second ending more than the first... and with Amanda you should send it into the company for a commercial... even if you don't get any kick-back you could have the honor!