BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Across the Universe Parody - Across the Galaxy

I wrote this parody a few minutes after I finished my "I'll Buy It" parody at 4 in the morning. (My postings are a little out of order, but I’m back on track now). After I'll buy it, I was thinking about other parodies I could do from songs that I have. Across the Universe is one of the first songs in my Mp3 player (alphabetical order) and it was the first song to come to mind. I thought that it would be simple since the song itself makes no sense, so why should mine? But I argued with myself that it didn't have to be gibberish and nonsense. After that, the words just came out. Why Galaxy? It's the first thing that always came to my mind after universe. And I think it's kind of a cool word.




I thought about every part of the song a little bit except the replacements for "Jai Guru Diva" in the original version, and all of my "astro" words part. My father always said this about the Beatles: “It’s basically just them throwing a bunch of words together and seeing if it sounds good.” Across the Universe is a prime example of that truth. So that’s where the first verse came from.


My second verse may sound crazy, but it is true. I find it interesting and maybe you will too. I suggest you check it out. http://homepages.tesco.net/harbfamily/opd/index.html




Original: Across the Universe by The Beatles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCKANiM9tUM&feature=related




Across the Galaxy




Words are thrown together in a lot of the Beatles' songs,


And music is added to it and played across the galaxy


Most of their songs did not make sense, but they were popular


So people always bought their songs.


Random words and music sung


The Beatles did change the world,


In some way they changed the world.


If they did change the world


It was the music world.




There is a rumor going around that Paul is really dead,


And there are people who do believe this across galaxy


They say there are clues hidden in a lot of their album covers,


But it is mostly just a money scheme.


Across the galaxy


Crazy conspiracy. Dumb


Someone's trying to change their world,


Mixing up the Beatles' world.


If Paul really left the world,


Then who's his double in this world?




I'll take out a page of the Beatles' book


And say random words and act like they flow together.


Astroturf and astroplane and astronaut and astronut


All sound like things that could go all the way


Across the galaxy.


Green tea is healthy. Yum.


Maybe I could change the world,


If I tried to change the world.


Someone's got to change my world,


If they want to change my world.




Green tea is healthy.


Green tea is healthy.


Green tea is healthy.

0 comments: