BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

Take It On the Run Parody - Chicken On the Run

Yay for ten parodies!! If I was in any way "techno-savvy" I would make a CD, or at least some music videos...sadly, I'm not savvy in that area.

So, it had been about a month since I had written a parody. I finished "You Are Snoring", left Minnesota, and went on with my life. I was actually pretty depressed that I hadn't written anything in a while. Writing parodies apparently made me happy; go figure. Anyway, I was driving with Amanda one day when we passed a restaurant that she used to go to every Halloween. She told me "My parents would always take us to Chicken On the Run every Halloween."

I asked "Chicken On the Run?"

"Yes..."

"That's too obvious!" I had it. How could I not make a parody now? Take It On the Run. Chicken On the Run. Like I said, it was too obvious. So I went home, went on their website, and got all the information I needed and put it in the song. Everything about the restaurant in the song is on their website. The "double family friendly" part is because they said that they were family friendly twice, so... The whole song was thought of except for the eating around bit.

Original: Take It On the Run by REO Speedwagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXi8QKId5g0

Chicken On the Run


Heard it from some guy who
Heard it from some boy who
Heard it from me you've been eating around

I've seen you eating fast food
But it's not what we're used to
You're eating at the more popular chains

And I'm not saying it's
An innocent snack here and there
I'm saying it's always everywhere

Well I'm telling you, girl
That that's not real food, girl
And even if it is remember this name

Chicken On the Run, honey
If you want some fun, honey
This is where you want to go
Sports for Queen City
Double family friendly
If you want some fun, go to Chicken On the Run!

Well I know our enemies
There's Popeye's and there is Lee's
And of course there's always KFC

Well I know they taste good
But it's not only about food
Do they have this kind of stuff too?

At Chicken On the Run, baby
They are open on Sundays
But only for Bengals games
Can you believe that
Chic-fil-A can't do that
So for football fun go to Chicken On the Run!

At Chicken On the Run, lady
And I'm not saying maybe
All their food's under ten dollars
Attire is casual
The cuisine is chicken
Obviously, it's CHICKEN On the Run!

At Chicken On the Run, sweetie
They're vegetarian friendly
I don't know how that is possible (pa-ha-hos-ibble)
Fifty-four people voted
Eighty-five percent liked it
You can't go wrong with Chicken On the Run!!

Heard it from some guy who
Heard it from some boy who
Heard it from me you've been eating around

0 comments: