BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to Parody Universe

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

When people are laughing, they're generally not killing each other. ~Alan Alda

I am creating this blog in pursuit to put more laughter in the world. Not only will I post my own original parodies, but I will also introduce you to other parody creators. I will introduce you to parodies in all forms—songs, video clips, stories, and books. Stick around and I promise you’ll get a good laugh.

Mostly, I will be posting parodies that I made up in this blog. From time to time, I may review other parodies, parody writers, videos making fun of others, etc. Before I post a parody, I will first explain how the parody came to me. Often, it takes some time to explain, but it’s sometimes interesting to hear how my imagination works. Also, I know that if you have to explain the meanings of “jokes” and what not, that means that they aren’t funny. But there will be sometimes that I will want to explain certain parts of my parodies; a phrase, a verse or two.

Almost every parody I have made, a good portion has come to me spontaneously and the rest I thought of. Other times, I thought of the entire song on my own. The way that my parodies usually come to me is if I have a song stuck in my head and things I see and/or do usually just fall into place with the melody. Other times, I have to force it, and I’m sometimes unhappy with that.

Well, I don’t want to give away my whole procedure for making parodies because...

  1. I’m pretty sure everyone isn’t all that interested. And
  2. If I tell you, you could make your own parodies and then there’s no point for me :-)

I will try to put up a new parody every week, but I’ll probably blog more than that. My “in-between-parodies” blogs will be my reviews of other parodies. By the way, the week goes from Sunday to Saturday ;-)

Okay. So I think that’s all I’m putting up right now. I hope you enjoy my works, and I hope I can provide you with laughter for years, or months ;-) , to come

1 comments:

Amanda H. said...

That quote by Alan Alda is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us :-) Oh and by the way, I look forward to seeing some of your parodies soon... I love creative people!