BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lola Parody - Mocha

Who can resist the much desired caffeinated drink of coffee? It wakes us up in the morning and sets us on our way very nicely. The most popular of these drinks is the Mocha Latte Cappuccino. One drop of sugar or two, cream, add any amount of milk, and I ask again: who can resist it? I can. I don't drink coffee and I know nothing about it or how to make it. I'm not even sure what's in a mocha latte cappuccino.

This parody is about my cat Mocha. She is a calico cat with brown fur and a beautiful shade of orange along her back. She looked like a coffee color and we decided to name her Mocha. (Amanda wanted Sage, but our friends on Facebook have spoken).

About halfway through this parody I realized that this is my third song about a cat. Am I the only one who finds that a little strange? None of my other parodies have anything in common other than occasionally having the same artist. Maybe strange is a poor word choice. I'll go with weird, or even kind of cool that three of my songs have a common theme. Perhaps I should post a picture Bailey on that post. By the way, I've gotten over Miharu.

I do want to say just a couple things: Mocha was declawed in only her front paws when we got her. Her previous owners did it to her. Why only her front? Make up a reason and it's right; we have no idea. Also, my son's name is Jacob. Just so you can understand a line better and not wonder who I'm talking about. He's eight months old.


Original: Lola by The Kinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmMMSo47s

Mocha

We picked her up down at the SPCA
Where the animals have their shots and chips already in.
Yes, it is convenient.
She sat very patiently in her cage
Her name was Peek-a-boo, but with just one look we thought "Mocha."
M-O-C-H and A. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.

Well, I never was a feline guy
But once she sat in my lap I changed my mind
Oh, my Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.
And I know she can't hurt me with her claws
'Cause she doesn't have any in her front paws
Oh, poor Mocha. That is sad for Mocha.
Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.

Well, we took her home on that same day
She was happy to go away.
She was afraid of both of us at first
Hiding from us was her doing her worst.

It's a lot of fun having her around
But I don't understand why her tail is never down.
Mocha. That's kind of strange Mocha.
Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha
Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.

She got past her fear.
She made our house home.
She got comfortable.
And she settled in.
She didn't show she would ever leave.

That's just the way it is going to be
And that is just perfectly fine with me
And for Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.
Mocha went and made herself the queen
She is indeed the queen; the Feline Queen.
Yes, that is Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.

Well, it is going on two years now
And we really love her and she also loves us.
She even loves Jacob too...
Actually, I'm not sure if that part is true.

Well, I know that sometimes I can be lame
So I decided to give her a middle name.
It is Latte. She is Mocha Latte.
Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.

Mocha. Female cat Mocha.
She's a girl cat Mocha.

Mocha. Calico cat Mocha.
The calico Mocha.

Mocha. She's Mocha Latte H.
Yes, Mocha Latte H.

Mocha. Cannot drink our Mocha.
Do not drink our Mocha.

Mocha. Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.
Mo-mo-mo-mo Mocha.



0 comments: