BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Save The Last Dance For Me Parody - Children It's Time For Bed

I like to sing to my two children when I'm getting them ready for bed. Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, by the time I pick them up from who's watching them that day and get them home, there is very little time to do things before I get them ready. I feed them dinner almost immediately after arriving home. Then there's about an hour of play time until I start getting them ready; change them, brush their teeth, etc. On bath nights, it's non-stop. My four year old, Jacob, goes to school in the morning at 8. My wife takes him and my 19 month old, Isaac, to school to drop Jacob off while I go to work. So both children need to get up early, and so need to go to bed early. 

Anyway, I sing to them sometimes. And of course I came up with my own lyrics involving their routine using someone else's melody! That's why I'm here, right? Now, while writing this I realized that this parody isn't exactly all that funny. But who says that all parodies have to be, huh?

Original: Save The Last Dance For Me by Michael Buble  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXUxVWtyaU

Children It's Time For Bed

We can dance
We can sing every night
When the moon is bright
That will be alright.
You can have fun playing with all your toys
While clutching your stuffed animals so tight.

But don't forget that it's supper time
And that you are very hungry.
So children it's time to come and eat.

Oh, I know
That you're energized
From the good times;
You were having fun.
But it's time to wind down
We are going to sleep just like the sun.

But don't forget that you are dirty
Go ahead and laugh while you splash.
So children it's time to take a bath.

Children don't you know I'll care for you?
I'll get you nice and clean and fed
I will be happy to play with you
Until it's time for bed.

We can read
Read a bedtime book
Come and take a look.
You can turn the page.
You're tired. You're rubbing your eyes
At this time it's late for a kid your age.

So don't forget that you're done eating
And who pays your dentist fees.
It's time to brush your teeth.

Oh, I know
That you're energized
From the good times;
You were having fun.
But it's time to wind down
We are going to sleep just like the sun.

So don't forget about your bedtime
And that you must get up early.
So children It's time to go to sleep.

Now don't forget that I'm your daddy
And I love you very much.
Here's a kiss children now it's time for lights off.

Oh, children don't you know how much I love you?
Ooh, I promise you that I will always take care of you.
Here's my last kiss.
Good-night children and sleep tight.

0 comments: